Today I want to share with you one of my favorite breakfast ‘foods’! It’s quick, easy and full of nutrition. And more importantly it’s natural, organic, dairy free and grain free. You can use any kind of fruit in your smoothies, but bellow I’ll share with you my favorite version of this recipe.
- 1.5 cups of a milk of your choice (I use almond or coconut milk)
- 1 scoop of protein (my all time favorite is this KOS Organic Plant Based Protein Powder)
- A handful of organic frozen strawberries
- A handful of organic frozen blueberries
- A handful of Spinach
- A handful of Kale (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of cod liver oil (can omit if you don’t like the taste and sub for 1 tablespoon coconut oil)
- 2-4 drops of organic liquid vanilla stevia (optional if you desire it to be really sweet)
Place your ingredients into your blender and blend for 20 seconds or until smooth. Pour your blended smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
Why use Pea Protein?
I chose pea protein because it is dairy free and one of the most easily digested protein complexes out there. The flavor is mild and delicious with a smooth texture! My gut and body thanks me every time I drink it! No more stomach pains; no more low protein intake!
Why put Flax Seed in your smoothie?
Flax seed is high in fiber, omega 3s and has plant based estrogen as well as antioxidant properties. It’s a good kick start to your day and your health!
Why use Cod Liver Oil?
Cod Liver Oil is one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) and contains relatively high amounts of vitamin A and vitamin D. This oil, if taken regularly helps our body stay healthy, fight diseases and promote anti-inflammatory benefits.
Thank you for reading!
Leave a comment bellow! I’d love to hear from you!
Wishing you the best!