Today I want to share with you our favorite Paleo bread roll recipe. Paleo bread is a tough commodity to come by, but both paleo eaters and wheat eaters alike, love this roll. Its inventor hit the nail on the head! I have taken this dinner roll recipe from paleospirit.com. And I just want to say thank you to Leah for creating such a tasty addition to our family’s kitchen!
- 1 cup tapioca flour (starch)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the tapioca flour (you can substitute arrowroot flour/starch) with the salt and 1/4 cup of the coconut flour in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Pour in oil and warm water and stir. Add the whisked egg and continue mixing until well combined.
- If the mixture is too thin you should add one or two more tablespoons of coconut flour – one tablespoon at a time – until the mixture is a soft but somewhat sticky dough.
- Use a spatula or large spoon to scoop out about two tablespoons of the dough. ** I like to leave the consistency of the dough a little more liquid as the roll turns out more moist that way. It should be just thick enough that the dough, when plopped unto your pan, will keep it’s form. You will be making about 10 rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
Leave a comment bellow! I’d love to hear from you!
Wishing you the best!