I’m super excited about this Italian spaghetti dish! The sauce is delicious and you can do without the carbs of pasta by using a cooked spaghetti squash as a substitute! Who doesn’t like a good spaghetti meal?? If you’re trying to eat less carbs or you find yourself gluten and/or grain intolerant, this is the meal for you!
Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time: 1 Hour
- 1 large spaghetti squash (I like to get organic if I can)
- 1 jar of your favorite organic spaghetti sauce (We like Costco’s organic spaghetti sauce)
- 1 pound organic ground beef (thaw it out beforehand if frozen)
- Onion (optional)
- Spices: salt, pepper, garlic, Italian blend spice (I like to use Trader Joe’s ’21 Seasoning’ spice)
- Vegetable of your choice for a side (optional)
- Cooking Your Spaghetti Squash – Taken from Mom to Mom Nutrition:
- Wash your squash.
- Make cuts all around the spaghetti squash with a knife. Place in microwave and microwave on medium-high in 5 minute increments.
- Rotate spaghetti squash every 5 minutes until soft [total time should be anywhere from 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the spaghetti squash].
- Remove from microwave. Let rest for 10 minutes. Cut in half and scoop out seeds, and then separate the strands.
- Serve immediately [with a drizzle of olive oil, butter, and/or salt and pepper]. OR store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prepare your side of vegetable if desired. We like to eat this meal with organic green beans. I simmer the beans while I prepare my sauce.
- Prepare your Sauce:
- Place a medium sauce pan on medium heat.
- If you’re using an onion, dice it and sauté it until lightly brown.
- Add your soft organic 1 pound of ground beef to your onions. Cook until brown.
- Season your meat with salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Also add your favorite Italian blend. we use Trader Joe’s ’21 Seasoning blend’.
- Pour your jar of pasta sauce over your browned meat and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place a heaping spoonful of your prepared spaghetti squash onto your plate and spoon your sauce to top. Side with your favorite cooked vegetable (I like to put a tablespoon of coconut oil on my cooked green beans, adding salt and pepper to taste).
Try our favorite paleo dinner rolls with your spaghetti dish!
Leave a comment bellow! I’d love to hear from you!
Wishing you the best!