Hello my friend!
Guess what’s on tonight’s dinner menu!…If you guessed salmon, you got it! I wish it was fresh from the ocean, but Alaskan Caught, thawed out salmon will just have to do for now :). I want to help you see that eating healthy doesn’t have to be a labor-intensive, all time-consuming task. This dinner took all of 20 minutes, 30 minutes tops, to pull together and get cooking. And that’s without any planning. I just simply pulled the items out of my pantry and freezer and got to work. I hope you find this recipe enjoyable and easy, but most of all energizing to your health!
Serving Size: 2 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Two pieces of thawed out, Alaskan Caught, Salmon.
- Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning (or your favorite fish seasoning or all purpose seasoning)
- 1/4 cup Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Sauce, you can get this from Coscto (if you don’t have this as an option to you, you can use 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Frozen or fresh green beans (optional)
- 4 Potatoes (optional)
- If you decide to pull your salmon out of the freezer minutes before preparing your dinner throw it in some water to help it thaw out faster.
- If you decide to have a side of potatoes with your salmon, now is the time to clean those. Cute them into widgets placing them unto a baking sheet. I like to line my baking sheet with parchment paper. Drissel your diced potato widgets with avocado oil. Then sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste. I also like to sprinkle some basil on them. Place them in the oven on 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until they are soft and crispy.
- The salmon doesn’t have to be completely thawed to get it prepared to put into the oven. I got my salmon out around lunch time and let it thaw out a bit during the day. I removed the mostly thawed out salmon from its package and placed it in on one my oven-safe dishes that has a glass lid. Pour the olive oil, around 1/4 cup, over your fish. Then drizzle your 1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar (or if you have another special marinade you love put that on your fish). Then sprinkle your salt, garlic and all spice seasonings on top, to taste. Place the glass lid over your oven-safe dish and place into the oven for 20-30 minutes or until your fish pulls easily apart (if your fish is mostly frozen it will take longer to cook).
- While you fish and potatoes are cooking, cook your green beans according to the package instructions.
Hope you enjoy this healthy, well-rounded meal!
Leave a comment bellow! I’d love to hear from you!
Wishing you the best!